Family Behavioral Resources is committed to protecting your privacy.
Non-public personal information about our clients and/or client's parent/guardian is collected from the following sources:
- We receive information from our clients and/or client's parents/guardians, from psychological evaluations performed by psychologists or psychiatrists, clients' insurance companies, county agencies, schools, and other organizations who have involvement in our clients' services. This information may be submitted to us in person, in writing, by telephone, fax, or electronically.
- We collect and use this information in developing treatment plans, providing ongoing services, performing reviews, providing for billing, handling any appeals or grievances, and any other client service-related activity. This information might include a diagnosis code, personal histories, previous treatment information, identifying information, progress notes, and other information related to clients' cases according to the need.
Information that we may disclose and the purpose:
We use and disclose the personal information we collect (described above) only as necessary for us to deliver behavioral health services. This use and disclosure include:
- Development of treatment plans for each client, including goals and treatments or interventions.
- Monitoring progress of treatment and interventions in achieving the goals identified in treatment plans.
- Monitoring the quality of our services as part of our ongoing Quality Improvement Program during which written surveys and telephone surveys are made to supplement other case information.
- Providing personal information to your insurance company so that we can effectively provide services and to our billing services in order to receive payment for those services. Our contracts require these organizations to protect the confidentiality of any information that is used or shared.
- Disclosing information under order of a court of law in connection with a legal proceeding.
- Disclosing information in accordance with federal or state laws such as the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Act of 1975.
- Disclosing information to government agencies or credentialing organizations that monitor our compliance with applicable laws and standards.
- Disclosing information under a subpoena or summons to government agencies that investigate possible violations of law.
How we protect information:
- We restrict access to our clients' non-public personal information to those employees, agents, consultants, or other persons working in our organization who need to know the information to allow us to provide behavioral health services.
- We obtain signed clearances from clients or clients' parents/guardians in instances where there is a need to transfer information to other organizations such as another service provider.
- We maintain physical and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to guard non-public personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
For questions about the Privacy Notice, please contact:
Family Behavioral Resources
ATTN: Corporate Privacy Department
P.O. Box 879
Greensburg, PA 15601
Phone: (724) 850-8118
Fax: (724) 850-9500